Household Hazardous Waste / Appliances / Tires

 How do I dispose of old appliances and tires?

  • Call the city sanitation department directly to schedule a pickup at: (713) 475-7884. 

 How do I get rid of paint, oil or hazardous waste?

  • The City of Pasadena offers curbside hazardous waste pickup. 
  • Call the city’s sanitation department for details: 713-475-7884 or watch this video.

Nature, Type & Quantity

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collected is from any Pasadena residence requesting pickup.

Items Suitable for Collection

  • Antifreeze
  • Car Batteries
  • Cleaning Supplies
  • Fertilizers
  • Herbicides
  • Household Cleaners Such as Kitchen, Bath and Floor Cleaners
  • Latex and Oil-Based Paints
  • Motor Oil/Automotive Fluids
  • Paint Thinner
  • Pet Products
  • Products for Household Repair Such as Adhesives, Caulk
  • Small (Household) Quantities of Pesticides

Residents are limited to ten gallons or 50 pounds per collection.

Items Not Accepted in the Program

The City of Pasadena will not collect:

  • Acids
  • Ammunition
  • Biological and Medical Waste
  • Explosives
  • Fireworks
  • Gasoline
  • Kerosene
  • Photographic Processing Chemicals
  • Products or Quantities of HHW From Commercial Businesses
  • Radiological Devices (Smoke Detectors)

Any product that is collected in old, leaking, or rusted containers, or where the label is no longer readable, the product is contaminated or expired, the product will be identified and it will be determined at that time if the material should be disposed of as general solid waste or hazardous waste. Business and industrial waste will not be accepted in the program. Hazardous waste is planned to be disposed of through the City of Houston’s HHW program.