Volunteers are interesting, vital individuals who are willing to contribute their time and talents to others. Volunteers include seniors, students, professionals, families, church and community groups and many others. They share the common desire to do something important and to do more for others.
Types of Positions
- Ongoing - These are volunteer positions that are needed indefinitely and are usually a regular part of a department's normal operations. More than one volunteer may be assigned to the work on a rotating schedule. If you prefer a regular schedule, you’ll like being an ongoing volunteer.
- Special Event/Occasional - These include one time volunteer events or projects that take a few hours or a few days to complete. This type of assignment would include working at a special event or in small teams. Often, the needs for these types of positions arise quickly with rapid recruitment. If you prefer to join at the spur of the moment or can’t make a regular commitment, this if for you.
- Assignments are as flexible as possible. Every effort is made to accommodate the volunteer’s schedule. Some programs use weekend and evening volunteers. Many volunteer opportunities are scheduled during the regular work-week, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Those who are able to make a sustained commitment are encouraged to participate in ongoing volunteer assignments.
- Most volunteer assignments don't require specific experience, and on-the-job training will be provided.
- Age requirements for volunteer vary by department and event. Please contact Volunteer Pasadena for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org. During the summer months, students who are about to begin high school may participate.
- Applicants must complete our Volunteer Application and release forms located under the Volunteer Application tab.
- Once Volunteer Application Forms are submitted potential volunteers are interviewed to determine their interests. Every attempt is made to match potential volunteers with the assignment of their choice, depending on availability and departmental need.